- All Years
- Extra Curricular Clubs
- Extra Curricular Sports Clubs
- Choice of Course - Choosing for S3
- S3 Assessments
- Perth College Taster Courses
- S4 - S6
- Available Work Experience Placements for 2018/19
- Choice of course - Choosing for S4, S5 and S6
- Course Award information
- Senior Phase Learner Journeys
- Exam Timetables
- Supported Study Timetable
- Latest News
- Diary Dates
S4 - S6
All young people in Scotland have an entitlement to a senior phase of education which:
- provides specialisation, depth and rigour
- prepares them well for achieving qualifications to the highest level of which they are capable
- continues to develop skills for learning, skills for life and skills for work
- continues to provide a range of activities which develop the four capacities
- supports them to achieve a positive and sustained destination.
“Building the Curriculum 3”, Scottish Government, 2008.
The senior phase, which takes place from S4 to S6 in school, is the phase when the young person can build up a portfolio of qualifications including National and vocational qualifications, Highers and Advanced Highers.
The curriculum in the senior phase comprises of more than just programmes which lead to qualifications. There is a continuing importance placed on health and wellbeing including physical activity and opportunities for personal achievement, service to others and practical experience of the world of work. In addition there are opportunities for pupils to work in partnership with Perth College UHI, the Open University and employers.
The successful transition of all school leavers into positive and sustained destinations is of great importance to both the individual and wider society. The variety of learning experiences provided and accessed during a pupil's school career provides the bedrock for enabling future opportunities to be realised through the development of a pupil’s skills, aptitude and personal qualities which enable them to lead positive and productive adult lives. Blairgowrie High school will seek to support all pupils in planning for their future lives, careers and lifelong learning.
The following menus will enable you to access a wide range of information regarding possible routes through S4-S6 and how these will help lead to a positive destination after school.